One of the additional benefits paid to employees under Belgian contracts is holiday pay.
What the? Where? When? You will find the answer below.
The following information is mainly intended for people employed on a contract basis by an employment agency (temporary). In the case of people employed with a permanent contract, directly in the company, a lot depends on the type of work and the sector in which the company operates.
Not sure about the situation with your employer? It's best to ask.
How can you get vacation money?
There are two types of holiday money:
- Double holiday allowance. (Workers/ Arbeider/ Ouvrier)
- Simple compensation, only officials /bedienede /employee and civil servants benefit from the continuation of salary payment during vacations. They receive holiday pay through their employer.
Holiday pay for workers is managed by the National Office for Annual Leave (RJV/ONVA). The National Office receives contributions from employers and then distributes the holiday allowance.
It is very important to communicate the bank account number to RJV/ONVA.
- Only those with an employment contract, being workers or officials, benefit from vacation money
- Payable: end of May / beginning of June
- How much: 15.38% of the annual gross salary
- Paid by: RJV/ONVA (Public Service for Annual Leave) - temporary employee
- You have communicated your bank account number to RJV/ONVA
* Vacation money is paid based on the previous year's salary, for example:
In May/June 2023 you will receive the money calculated based on your 2022 earnings.
If the company closes collectively and you are not entitled to holiday/holiday money, the union can help you for this period.
The union offers an allowance only during the period of collective closure.
For additional information contact Accent Foreign offices.