The advantages of having a partner in the workplace
When your partner is a co-worker there are all kinds of benefits:
- You only need one car, which is good for the environment as well as for your bank account.
- You can see your loved one all day long. Maybe sneak in a kiss in the hallway!
- In the evenings you can swap juicy gossip about what’s going on at work. Your partner actually knows the people you’re talking about and understands what you mean.
- There’s always one co-worker you know you can count on and vent to if you need it.
- Your partner will be more inclined to do you a favour than other colleagues, so you can help each other out.
- You can have lunch together on your break and stare into each other’s eyes.
- At the company party you’ve always got your significant other there to slow dance with.
- In a relationship with your boss? You’ll probably like your performance review!
Valentine’s day is not for everyone
Although it comes with all these benefits, not everyone is a fan of romance at work:
- You get to see your loved one all day long. You just might get sick and tired of each other.
- When only one of you gets a promotion and the other one’s left behind, your relationship could be in trouble.
- If you’re dating your boss, or someone who works for you, you can expect to be transferred quite swiftly (this can be done most effectively) and maybe have to put up with some jokes from your other co-workers.
- In the evenings all you’ll have to talk about is your work if you don’t watch out.
- You might accidentally send your romantic email to the entire management team.
- The copy room might have already been staked out by the couple before you.
- When a couple breaks up, you need to be able to make pleasant arrangements with each other and that could be painful, running into each other every day.
Are you ready for a job with lots of heart and the best colleagues ever? Check out the vacancies at Accent: https://foreign.accentjobs.be/jobs