Job | Technical Operator | Gent
The company was founded in 1865 and is one of the world's largest private companies in chemical and textile applications. Today, 19,000 products are made with a workforce of 7,000 employees working at 45 locations worldwide. They are generally recognized as the international leader in research, technology, innovation and customer focus. In Gent they specialize in the production of technical textiles, including for the automotive industry.
As an Operator you work in the finishing department where textile fabrics are further treated with chemicals (textile coating). You ensure that all machines on the production line keep running and that good quality is produced.
- Inserting fabric rolls and sewing on fabric to the previous roll
- Cleaning the foulard, introducing dip into the machine and maintaining the dip level
- Work with certain transactions in SAP and keep track of some parameters.
- Cutting samples and wrapping tissue rolls
- Note all weaving errors and other comments
- Regularly check speed, pressure and temperature
- Maintain order and tidiness of machinery
- You have technical insight or experience in operating machines
- You are flexible and willing to work in two shifts during the day or fixed night shift (9:30 pm to 5:00 am)
- You enjoy working in a team
- Dutch is a plus
- You are safety conscious and you take responsibility
A full-time challenging position within an international and stable organization in the center of Gent. You are part of a dynamic team with an informal atmosphere. We offer a competitive salary supplemented with benefits such as meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance and bicycle leasing.
Accent is a staffing office that combines the flexibility of an employment agency with the quality of a selection company.
Only jobs with a possibility for a contract of indefinite duration are being offered.
This is made possible by the 700 passionate employees that help 12000 people a day to find a job.
With 250 offices Accent has the vastest office network in Belgium.
Diversity and inclusion are important for Accent. Who, what or how you are or what you stand for, it is your talents that make the difference.